WHAT IS DOG KNIGHTS PRODUCTIONS?
Dog Knights Productions is a UK-based record label that started releasing records in 2010. We've worked with bands from all over the world, such as Old Gray, Nai Harvest, Disembarked, Sorority Noise, Foxes, Playlounge, Turnover, Blue Friend, Tiny Moving Parts, and loads more.
I JUST PLACED AN ORDER, WHEN SHOULD IT ARRIVE?
First of all, thank you!
The Dog Knights mail-order system is extremely efficient; all orders are usually packed as soon as they are received. Once yours has been packed it'll be taken to the post office with all other outgoing mail. From this point on, your parcel is in the hands of Royal Mail and we have no say in what happens, but hopefully they will do their job and safely deliver it to you soon. This is how long it should take for your order to arrive:
UK 2-7 days
EUROPE 5-14 days
USA / CANADA 7-21 days
REST OF THE WORLD 7-28 days
*Note that these are approximate dates, it could be quicker or longer, especially with international orders
You will receive an email notifcation when your order has been dispatched. Make sure you check the address linked to your PayPal account.
I PLACED AN ORDER A FEW WEEKS AGO AND IT NEVER ARRIVED. DID YOU EVEN BOTHER SENDING IT?
Yep! If you've received a dispatch confirmation email, your order has definitely been sent. Unfortunately some orders never turn up; but please remember that this sucks for everyone. Before asking where your order is, please make sure you've done the following:
- Read the item description carefully. Is it a pre-order? It'll clearly state so, right at the top of the item description in bold text, and on the drop-down tab when you selected which vinyl variant you're buying. So there's no need to worry if the record isn't due to ship for another few weeks.
- Check with your local sorting office, neighbours and post-carrier. It might seem unlikely, but more and more orders are being left with neighbours or held at the sorting office before being sent back to us, because the postman hasn't left a 'we missed you' card.
- Have you waited a little longer than the estimated delivery times? Has there been any kind of holiday (Christmas?!) that might have caused delays?
If you've answered 'yes' to the above, email email@example.com with your full name, address and what you ordered and we will sort it out for you as soon as possible. Rude customers will not be tolerated. This is an independently-run record label, not Amazon. We won't accept shitty entitled behaviour. We promise to help you with any kind of problem, but just try to be nice, no one wants to open their inbox to horrible messages from horrible people.
I ORDERED A RECORD FROM YOU AND IT'S DAMAGED... WHAT CAN BE DONE?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with information & photos of the damage. Like stated earlier, rude customers will not be tolerated. You've spent money and you want your item, but if the record is warped or snapped in half, then it obviously wasn't like that when it was packed and must have happened during transit. In the past some of our packages have been repeatedly dropped, stepped on, burnt, and even driven over. These kind of things do happen, but if you get in touch with us we'll help you the best we can. The quickest and safest method is to keep hold of the damaged packaging and file a claim with your local post office. If that proves unsuccessful, get in touch with us ASAP and we'll take over.
HOW DO YOU PACK & PROTECT YOUR RECORDS?
- All 12's released by Dog Knights will have the record packed between the back (OUTSIDE) of the cover and clear protective sleeve. This method ensures the cover will not get seam-splits or ring-wear (Google these terms if you are unsure). We place the records between two sturdy sheets of card, then place them into standard 12" envelope mailers. Bigger orders will be sent in cruciform 12" mailers, bubble wrap will be used if it looks like there's a chance of stuff moving around in transit
- 7"s are posted inside their covers, as the problems stated above almost never happen with records of this size. However, if you want us to pack the records outside of the covers, simply email beforehand or leave a note with your order
- T-shirts and tote bags are sent in A4 envelopes, crewnecks and hoodies are sent in grey clothing bags
WHAT IS A PRE-ORDER?
A pre-order item is essentially a reservation system; when it goes on sale you can pay for it right away but it won't be ready to ship for another few weeks. So why should you pre-order? Well...
- Your order will be sent out in the first batch, as soon as the records arrive from the pressing plant. Hopefully before the official release date
- Sometimes the limited vinyl variants sell out quickly, so if you want that rare version you should 'reserve' your copy as soon as you can
- We've recently introduced a system where pre-order customers can receive an instant download code for one song from the release. You will receive a download code for the full release with your physical copy
- Pre-ordering from a record label really helps us a lot, vinyl is expensive to press and getting some of the money back quickly means we can move on to the next release sooner
CAN YOU GIVE ME SOME FREE STUFF?
Yeah, okay. All orders will come with Dog Knights flyers and at least one sticker. Sometime's you'll get free download codes, promo material from other labels, and maybe even free CDs or records on larger orders! 'The more you order, the more free stuff you'll get'
I THINK I'VE BEEN OVERCHARGED ON POSTAGE, STOP TRYING TO RIP ME OFF?!
Sometimes the store can give incorrect postage rates with larger orders, it should be pretty accurate most of the time but it can happen. Unfortunately, this is hard to keep track of, so if you've been charged £12 and the delivery sticker says £6, you are entitled to a partial refund. Just email email@example.com and we'll sort you out!
However, please note that postage fees include PayPal fees and packaging costs. This is standard, literally every single record label / business will do this. If you're in doubt, compare our rates to other labels.
WHAT IF THERE'S A PROBLEM WITH MY ORDER?
If there is any kind of problem with your order, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out the 'contact' form on the store's page and we'll try to get back to you straight away.
PayPal is getting more and more unreliable, and sometimes there are gateway issues between them and our store. If you experience any issues placing an order, you'll need to contact them directly as there's nothing we can do about this. However, we can always accept direct payment through PayPal if you don't want to wait for them to fix the issue.
WHAT IS YOUR RETURNS POLICY?
If we've messed up by accidentally sending you the wrong record, variant, shirt etc, we'll resolve the issue right away. But please don't get too angry, mistakes can be made by anyone, even you!
Sorry, but we don't accept the 'i've changed my mind' excuse, this is a small label and can't handle requests like this, it's really not in the spirit of supporting independent music. You can't treat every small business like Amazon.
DO YOU ACCEPT DEMOS?
If you are in a band and want us to listen to submit a demo or anything else, you can email us at email@example.com but please note that we receive loads of submissions and might not have the chance to listen or respond. Make sure you send a stream link as we won't download random demos. Also note that we don't release tapes or CDs, and all emails addressed to 'dog knight' or 'dog nights' or 'the dog night' definitely won't get a response.